Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Good Morning Papa


It has been 2 years since you entered Heaven. You were first in my thoughts this morning when I woke.  I cannot truly fathom what it must be like for you, how complete your joy must be.  I love you more than words can say.  I still stand in “Papa & Gigi’s” part of the house and see you both there. Sometimes I go where your bed was and just stare, recalling what it was like to bend down and kiss your forehead and remember the smell of your skin.  I miss hearing your voice say, “I love you precious girl” yet I cannot bring myself to play the video I took of you speaking those words to me.  Tonight, in honor of you, we will have steak & eggs.  We will take time around the table to share what we loved about you.  Thank you for being who you were and giving us truly the most precious and excellent example of what a godly husband and father should be.  Thank you for investing in my life, Chad’s life and each one of our children.  I will miss you every day of my life until I see you again.
                                                     Love,





 
 
 
 


6 comments:

  1. Your blog brings me to tears. Love you, Barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so special, Chessa. What a blessing!! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely precious. <3 I love that you remember Papa by eating his favorite meal. So sweet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Abigail, it was a sweet day remembering him.

      Delete